Last week, Meridian sent a team of associates to Geneva, Switzerland, to represent the company at the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2016). EBACE is the largest annual business aviation event in Europe, and is jointly hosted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA). As in previous years, this industry event was held at the Palexpo Convention Center from May 24 – 26, 2016. The convention center is conveniently located at Geneva Airport (GVA), which uniquely offers attendees the ability to visit exhibitor booths and the static display in one location.
Organizers were pleased with the turnout of exhibitors and attendees, and the show continues to demonstrate its place as Europe’s foremost business aviation event. “This year’s show was a terrific success, characterized by a full exhibit floor, with lots of business getting done,” noted EBAA CEO Fabio Gamba. “It’s an affirmation that EBACE remains Europe’s most important industry event.”
EBAA President Brian Humphries agreed. “We’re very pleased with the level of enthusiasm we’ve seen this year,” he said. “In addition to the busy show floor and sold-out aircraft static display, our seminars and education sessions were well attended, and participants were very engaged with presenters and one another.”
NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen added: “EBACE exhibitors and attendees repeatedly told us this week that the show continues to be a must-attend on the industry calendar. Additionally, EBACE once again highlighted the size and significance of business aviation in Europe, and around the world.”
Below are several statistics highlighting the success of this year’s show:
1. EBACE2016 featured more than 450 exhibitors, representing over 40 countries.
2. The static display of aircraft featured 60 aircraft – some were new to the event, or made their world debut at EBACE. The footprint for the show was the largest to date.
3. EBACE2016 attendees came from more than 100 countries.
4. More than 400 journalists from all over the world were in attendance.
5. The show’s Opening General Session lineup was among the strongest ever, featuring leaders from government and industry. Keynote speakers included former Foreign Minister of France and co-founder of Doctors Without Borders, Dr. Bernard Kouchner; Executive Director of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), Patrick Ky, and; Channel IT Group founder and CEO Bassim Haidar, whose company provides telecommunications and electricity in 23 countries in Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. Haidar has extensively used business aviation to help his company be more flexible, efficient and successful.
6. The event included two day-long seminars – one related to aircraft transactions, the other on business aviation safety – as well as a host of education sessions covering important industry topics and trends. The show’s popular “Inspiration Zone” had sessions on timely topics, including considerations for business aviation operations in parts of the world affected by the Zika virus.
“By every measure, EBACE2016 was a great success, and we are delighted with the support we’ve received from exhibitors and attendees,” Gamba concluded. “We look forward to welcoming everyone back to Geneva for EBACE2017.” Next year, the show will take place from May 22 – 24, 2017.